Girls Run the 901 are so excited to partner with the Jingle Bell Run this year. Of course, we always get excited about a themed race AND Christmas so being a part of a Christmas themed race is something we get very excited about it. This is a great way to enjoy the season and have fun after all your hard work training for the St Jude marathon.
Join us this year for The Jingle Bell Run/Walk for Arthritis on Saturday, December 14th at 8 am at Audubon Park. This race raises money for a great cause, the arthritis foundation. Arthritis effects so many people both young (which we have recently learned and old). At the kick off reception we learned of a young teenage girl in Collierville who plays competitive soccer but receives a very extreme treatment every week just so she can have movement in her joints. We believe in this cause and know it will be an awesome race! There will be pictures with Santa, Jingle bells for your shoes, and even your dogs are included. There will be a doggie obstacle course and goodie bags because 'Dogs get arthritis too'!
To make this run even more exciting, we are offering a discount on registration when you sign up on the Girls Run the 901 team! Use the code 901GIRLS to get $3 off your registration and be sure to join our team GIRLSRUNthe901! We will be sure to come decked in great Christmas gear.
- The event will be staged at Audubon Park, corner of Southern and Perkins Ext.
- The weather forecast is showing cloudy with a 30% chance of rain, but nothing like we saw this past weekend. We will run and walk, rain or shine, so bundle up!
- Packet pick-up will be held this Friday, Dec. 13th from 2 - 6 p.m. at Fleet Feet in the Laurelwood Shopping Center, 4530 Poplar Ave, Memphis, TN 38117.
- If you're unable to make it on Friday, you may pick-up your packet starting at 7 a.m. on Saturday.
- The 5k chip-timed run will begin promptly at 8 a.m. We're proud to have Memphis-based Start2Finish timing this event for you!
- Medals will be awarded to the top three finishers in each of the standard age groups; as well as Top Overall Male and Female.
- The 1-mile Fun Walk will begin shortly after the runners have cleared the start line.
- All registered participants will receive the official Jingle Bell Run/Walk long-sleeved t-shirt and jingle bells for your shoelaces.
- Holiday costumes are encouraged! We will have an award for the Best Costume!
- Bring your dog, because Dogs Get Arthritis, Too. Dog Sponsor Memphis Veterinary Specialists will be on site with doggie goodie bags and will judge the doggie costume contest! Trophies will be awarded in three doggie categories: Most Jingle Spirit, Most Original and Funniest Dog Costume.
One more exciting thing about joining us in the race. Here is a sneak peek (not the final) of the super cute Girls Run the 901 Christmas tshirts from My Town Tees that will be available to order! Anyone can purchase these, you will just have first choice.
So, join us and be sure register soon. We can't wait to celebrate the season with you!