- 1 package whole grain penne pasta
- 1 lb turkey Italian sausage, (peeled from outer covering)
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 t minced garlic
- 1 28-oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon pesto
- 2 cups spinach, roughly chopped
- 2 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup mozerella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the sausage, onion, and garlic for 10 minutes, until brown.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low. Add the tomatoes (with juice) and cook for 20 minutes.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain, and pour into a 2-quart baking dish. Remove from the heat. Add pesto.
- Transfer the sausage and tomato mixture to the baking dish. Stir in the spinach and feta cheese. Top with the mozzarella.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until the cheese starts to bubble.