We wish you all a beautiful, safe and happy Memorial Day! In honor of all the veterans as well as the active service members, Thank You for all that you do!!
Given that most of you will be attending or hosting a cookout we thought this would be the perfect time to share this light and oh so tasty dessert. I am always asked to bring this dish when I'm invited to a cookout, and its usually gone within 5 minutes, it's that good. This recipe is from Light and Tasty, Enjoy!
Strawberries 'n Cream Trifle
rawberries 'n' 20
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1-1/2 cups cold water
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1 prepackaged angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces), Kroger's is really good
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 3 whole fresh strawberries
- In a bowl, whisk the milk and water. Whisk in the pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set; fold in the whipped topping. Cut cake into 1/2-in. cubes.
- Spoon a third of the pudding mixture into a 4-qt. trifle or glass bowl. Top with half of the cake cubes and sliced strawberries. Repeat layers once. Top with remaining pudding mixture. Garnish with whole strawberries.
Do you have any special cookout dishes that you make?