For the LOVE of running, why did someone not tell me...
(Dana and Jennifer's Top 10 things we wish someone had told us before we started running.)
10. Don't ever count on looking good in race pictures. You got your medal. That's all the proof you need. (Although some of us try!)
9. Bodily functions happen. Whether it's snot rockets, spits, or bathroom break in the woods, your comfort level of what you do in public can quickly change.
8. Sometimes, your long run is all you will do that day...unless you're Superwoman.
7. Listen to your body. It can tell you all kinds of things.
6. Shoes matter!
5. You can chafe anywhere. Anywhere. Vaseline it. Glide it.
4. Shin splints. I promise you're legs aren't falling off. Progress slowly.
3. Toenails, who needs them? Say goodbye to the prospects of being a foot model.
2. Eat your major carb-load marathon meal TWO nights before the big race. No one likes to wake up and run with that in their belly.