I am always looking for healthy recipes to feed my family. A friend suggested that I look into some Paleo recipes. So I looked around and finally decided on a cookbook called "The Complete Idiots Guide to Eating Paleo." Now let me clarify, that I am not following the "Paleo Diet," I am just using some of their recipes because they use fresh, natural food like meat, vegetables and fruit.
So the book describes this dish as 'Fresh and Spicy!' (and it is!!)
This recipe makes a great, quick weeknight meal.
1 lb Pork Tenderloin, trimmed and cut to 1/4 inch strips
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon coconut oil
1 red onion, diced
1 small jalapeno pepper, minced
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 medium tomato, diced
3 tablespoons lime juice
3 tablespoons cilantro
1 head iceberg lettuce
1. Season pork strips with sea salt and pepper.
2. Heat a large non-stick skillet over med-high heat. When hot, add coconut oil to pan.
3. Sauté pork until lightly browned, about 4 minutes. Remove pork from pan and place in a bowl.
4. Add red onion and jalapeno pepper to hot pan, and saute until tender.
5. Add chicken broth and tomato, and reduce heat to low. Simmer 2 minutes more, scraping pan sides and bottom to loosen any browned bits.
6. Return pork and juices to the pan. Stir in lime juice and simmer until pork is fully cooked.
7. Top with fresh cilantro and wrap in lettuce leaves to serve.
Hope you love it just as much as my family does!!
Do you have any healthy recipes that you'd like to share?